Fluke Networks 26500090 TS90 Cable Fault Finder with BNC to Alligator ClipsCheck Price on Amazon
The TS90 work on virtually any two-or-more conductor cables. With the patented SmartTone analog tone generator that generates five different tones, identifying a specific pair is quick and easy, even in proximity to current-bearing cable.
- Fault finder with tone generator locates open and short circuits, measures cable length, helps isolate individual wire pairs, and detects AC voltage on the line
- Works on any two or more conductor cable up to 2,500 feet (762 meters)
- VOP (Velocity of Propagation) can be set to match a cable's specifications to optimize the accuracy of fault location and cable length measurement
- Patented SmartTone analog tone generator with five distinct cadences for isolating individual wire pairs
- Four-digit LED display for viewing readings
Megger TDR900 Hand Held Time Domain Reflectometer and Cable Length MeterCheck Price on Amazon
The Megger TDR900 time domain reflectometer (TDR) and cable length meter is a cable fault locator and length meter for identifying and locating faults in metallic cabling. The TDR is digital and autoranging, with automatic output impedance control and automatic sensitivity adjustment. The internal memory stores up to 20 custom cable velocity of propagation (V.O.P.) settings and has an internal library of 39 standard cable VOP settings. The unit has a range of 3.7km (12,000) at a VOP of 99.9, 3km (9,800) at 80, and 1.9km (6,200) at 50. The LCD screen has a backlight that stays on for 1 minute when activated. The tester is safety rated to European Standard EN61010-1 and Ingress Protection 42 (IP42)-rated for protection against accidental contact with hazardous parts and dripping water. The TDR900 is commonly used by electricians and cable technicians.
|Power supply||(4) AA batteries|
|Distance range||3.7km (12,000 ft.) at 99.9 VOP; 3km (9,800 ft.) at 80 VOP; 2.4km (8,000 ft.) at 66 VOP; 1.9km (6,200 ft.) at 50 VOP|
|Safety standard met||International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)/European Standard (EN) 61010-1|
|Ingress protection rating||IP42 for protection against accidental contact with hazardous parts and dripping water|
|Weight (including batteries)||450g / 16 oz.|
|Dimensions||235 x 100 x 44mm / 9.25 x 3.94 x 1.73 inches (H x W x D)|
H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Cable testers evaluate and certify the installation of data cables and cable systems. The testers usually include a transmitter, which sends a signal through the cabling, and a receiver, which is a handheld device that evaluates the cable being tested. The testers may work on local area networks (LAN), fiber optics, or both. Cable testers perform a variety of diagnostic tests to certify correct installation, troubleshoot problems, helping to migrate systems to high-speed cable, recertify systems after adding new pieces, and other functions. Testers may include internal memory to store test results, an LCD screen to display results, and other features.
Megger manufactures equipment for cable fault locating, protective relay testing, telecommunications and data integrity, and power quality testing under multiple brand names, among them Megger, Biddle, States, and AVO. The company, founded in 1889, is headquartered in Dover, England, and meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 standards.
Whats in the Box?
- TDR900 time domain reflectometer
- Alligator clip
- Soft case
- Hand-held time domain reflectometer for identifying and locating faults in metallic cabling and measuring the length of cables
- Autoranging digital meter with automatic output impedance control and automatic sensitivity adjustment
- Internal memory stores up to 20 custom cable V.O.P. settings
- Range of up to 3.7km (12,000 ft.) at 99.9 V.O.P. with an accuracy of 50cm (20 in.) throughout whole range
- Safety-rated to European Standard EN61010-1 and IP42-rated for protection against accidental contact with hazardous parts and dripping water
AEMC CA7027 Fault Mapper Pro Telephone Cable Tester with Graphical TDRCheck Price on Amazon
The Fault Mapper Pro is a hand-held graphical TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) designed for identifying and locating faults on power and communication cables, given access to one end only. The Fault Mapper Pro measures cable length and indicates the length and distance to cable faults to a range of 9' (3m) to 19,000' (6000m) on virtually any type of cable. It injects a series of pulses into the cable under test. The velocity at which the pulses travel is determined by the type of cable, which is known as the velocity of propagation (Vp) of the cable. The Velocity of Propagation (Vp) is adjustable between 1 percent and 99 percent enabling accurate calibration to the cable under test. The Vp value is expressed as a percentage of the speed of light (e.g. 67 percent or ft/mtrs/micro-second), this value will vary according to the type of cable under test. The Fault Mapper Pro can accept user selectable values between 1 and 99 percent (or the equivalent value in feet or meters per micro-second). Based on the selected Vp and the time taken for the pulses to travel through the cable, a reflection profile of the cable under test is displayed. An adjustable cursor assists in locating faults and termination. The Fault Mapper Pro incorporates an oscillating tone tracer, which is detectable with a standard tone tracer, for use in the tracing and identification of cable pairs. Determine length of cable runs. Find cable faults and the distance to them. Determine degradation of cables due to moisture and other contaminants. Trace and identify cables. Determine telephone cable connections and the length to them. Ranges at Vp equals to 70 percent: 23, 49, 98, 197, 394, 820, 1640, 3280, 6560, 9850, 19000 feet. Range selection: manual range control. Accuracy: /-1 percent of range. Minimum cable length: 1.5'. Safety Rating: IEC61010-1; EN60950. Protection Degree: IP54. Electro-Magnetic Compatibility: EN61326-1. CE Approved, Compliant with current EU directives.
- 11 range scales indicating cable faults and terminations up to 19,000 ft (6000m) in feet or meters, identifies impedance mismatches
- Detects opens, shorts, taps, faulty taps, bridge taps, splitters, high resistance, wet cables, splices and more
- Works with twisted pair, parallel and coaxial cable; selectable cable impedance (25 ohm, 50 ohm, 75 ohm, 100 ohm)
- Over-voltage protection up to 250V, adjustable cursor assists in locating faults termination
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables, large high-visibility blue electroluminescent backlit display
Fluke Networks 26501100 Linecord for TS100/TS90 Cable Fault Finder, BNC to Alligator ClipsCheck Price on Amazon
Fluke Networks 26501100 Linecord for TS100/TS90 Cable Fault Finder, BNC to Alligator Clips
- TS100/TS90 Accessory- BNC-ALGTR Adapter
Fluke Networks MS2-100 MicroScanner2 Copper Cable Verifier with Built-In IntelliTone Toning, Troubleshoots RJ11,RJ45, Coax, Tests 10/100/1000Base-T, and VoiPCheck Price on Amazon
Next generation MicroScanner streamlines voice/data/video cable and service testing. Revolutionary user interface makes testing fast, easy, and crystal clear. Everything cable technicians need to know, including available services (10/100/1000 Ethernet, Pots, PoE Voltage), cable length, wire map, cable ID and distance to fault all are displayed on one oversized backlit screen. Replace multiple tools by testing all RJ11, RJ45 and coax (F) media with no adapters. Built-in Intellitone digital and analog toning precisely locates virtually any cable or wire paireven on active networks. Ergonomic design of cable tester features sleek rubber over mold to enhance grip and ruggedness. Includes carry case.
- Copper cable verifier for testing voice/data/video with integrated RJ11, RJ45, and coax cable, test ports support low-voltage testing with no need for adapters, ensures high quality installations and expedites cable problem resolution in active network environments
- Includes MicroScanner2 cable verifier with detachable wiremap adapter, Getting Started Guide (8 languages), 2 AA alkaline batteries, RoHS document, and carry pouch, one year warranty
- Oversized backlit LCD screen displays clear results in bright light or complete dark with intuititive icons, shows 4 test modes at once: graphical wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault with TDR, cable ID, and far end device, detects 10/100/1000 Ethernet, POTS, and PoE
- Cable Tests- Length (460 m or 1500 feet. with resolution to 0.3 m or 1 feet.), wiremap to TIA-568A/B standards, remote ID locators. Coax- F connector for 75 , 50 , 93 cables. PoE Detection: Solicits and detects the presence of 802.3af compatible PoE (Power over Ethernet) devices to rule out power as source of problems
- Rugged housing with integrated rubber easy-grip holster and magnetic strap, locates virtually any cable or wire pair with IntelliTone digital and analog toning, probe sold separately
Ideal Industries R158002 VDV II Plus Network TesterCheck Price on Amazon
The new VDV II Series are easy to use cable testers that check the integrity of copper cables commonly found in domestic, commercial or industrial voice, data or video installations, including telephone wiring, data network and video/security cabling. Employing state-of-the-art technology, VDV II offers functionality not previously available in a wiremapper. The advanced wiremap engine accurately displays complex wiring faults instantaneously whilst TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) aids troubleshooting and improves on-site productivity.
- Measures cable length
- Provides distance to fault (TDR)
- Identifies wiring errors instantly
- Wiremap for Miswires, Split Pairs, Shorts and Opens
- Coax, 6Pin (RJ11/12), 8Pin (RJ45) Connectors for Copper Cable Testing
Platinum Tools Snap Shot Fault Finding/Cable Length Measurement SSTDRCheck Price on Amazon
With the complexity of today's electrical, data, voice andvideo signal carrying systems, you need a tool that is fast,accurate and easy to use to see down the wire and show theexact conditions that exist. Platinum Tools TCC200 Cable Fault Finderis that tool. Made inAmerica with American technology, Platinum Tools TCC200 Cable Fault Finder is the new21st century tool for testing every type of cable in any industry.Advanced Spread Spectrum TDR technology works in all wireenvironments and is immune to voltage, current, or data streamdisruptions. See the true picture of your wiring and cable systems with Snap Shot today. The Snap Shot has the unique ability of calibrating any cable NVP value and using the unit's internal memory to store up to 2 of your most used cable NVP values. The large backlit LCD screen makes for easy viewing of results in all lighting conditions and the battery life is optimized with an auto power-off feature. On top of all of this the Snap Shot is designed and built in the USA.
- Works on energized cables
- Finds cable length or distance to fault from one end
- Measures cable distance on spool
- Accuracy of 1 or better
Noyafa D3IN0016 NF-8108-M Cable Wire Fault Finder with 8 Far-end Passive Test JacksCheck Price on Amazon
One person enough to locate the wire and connection error, new brand and high quality.
Check wire errors in 5E, 6E, (open circuit, short circuit, jumper wire, reverse connection or cross-talk interference).
automatic time-delay shut off time: 30 minutes(tester standby).
- One person enough to locate the wire and connection error
- New brand and high quality
- Check wire errors in 5E, 6E, (open circuit, short circuit, jumper wire, reverse connection or cross-talk interference)
- Automatic time-delay shut off time: 30 minutes(tester standby)
Noyafa NF-8601S TDR Multi-functional LCD Network Cable Tester Tracker For RJ45, RJ11, BNC, Metal Cable,PING/POECheck Price on Amazon
NF-8601S, a must tool for each network technician, provides full cable testing on different category network, coax, or telephone cable. displaying wire map and any faults.
The intelligent wiremap' feature tests for length, shorts, split pairs, or opens and displays with an intuitive graphical interface where a fault is located.
(usingTDR techonology:Time Domain Reflectometry).
Besides, finding cables easier and tracing with AC fliter, or locating network port using hub blink feature. NF-8601S also tests the presence of PoE and PING functions.
Brand Name : Noyafa
Model Number : NF-8601S
Port : RJ45, RJ11, BNC
Test length : RJ11,RJ45 ,BNC
Tracking Type : RJ45, RJ11, BNC , and Metal Cable
Other Function : PING test PoE detect
Power : Lithium battery
NF-8601S Transmitter specifications
LCD screen:60 x 45mm
The range of testing cable:2000m
Trace cable coonected to switch:AC Fliter
Tone mode:2 Tones, adjustable
Compatible with connectors:RJ11,RJ45,BNC, PING/PoE
Battery type:Lithium battery
Dimensions (LxWxD):185 x 80 x 32mm
NF-8601S Receiver specifications
The Max. working current:Less than 70mA
LED illumination:2 LEDs
Battery type:Lithium battery
Dimensions (LxWxD):218 x 46 x 29mm
NF-8601S Remote unit specifications
Compatible with connectors:RJ11,RJ45,BNC
Dimensions (LxWxD):107 x 30 x 24mm
Built-in Lithium battery x 2pcs
Carry case x 1pc
Gift box x 1pc
Charging adaptor x 1 pc
telephone line adapter x 1 pc
network cable adapter x 1 pc
Cable clips x 1 pc
TF memory card x 1 pc
- Measures cable length and display the distance to fault.---Core troubleshooting features; length, distance to fault, graphical wire mapping, opens, shorts.
- PoE Presence: identify which pins are providing power and detect how much voltage.---PING function to test network performance, data packet, min & max time.
- Tone trace cable with complete AC Interference Rejection, much easier than other tracers on markets.---Two tone tracing modes: common switch & PoE Switch.---Hub blink for locating network port by the flashing port light on a server/switch/hub/router port.
- TF card included to import and export data from comupter (50 sets, txt format).---Roughly locate breakage or short position by tone.---Voltage detector: included in receiver (90-1000V)
- Big LCD color screen 320*240 and lighting lamp in darkness.---Function of storage and memory---Low voltge alarm function and automatic delay power on-off.---Rechargeable Lithium battery for more efficient work
VDV Ranger TDR Kit with Carry Case and Adapters Klein Tools VDV501-815Check Price on Amazon
Klein Tools' VDV Ranger TDR Kit allows you to test and measure cable length with the latest technology. Time Domain Reflectometry Spread Spectrum (TDR-SS) technology measures cable length up to 3,000 feet (914 m) with superior accuracy. This will help you simplify cable estimating and bill jobs more accurately. Time Domain Reflectometry Spread Spectrum (TDR-SS) technology provides superior accuracy up to /- (1 3 ft. /0.91 m) by eliminating interference when measuring cable. TDR-SS technology broadens TDR environments by operating in Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) rated environments as defined by IEC. (SELV is 60 volts DC or Peak AC -- 45 volts RMS). Ensure compliance and identify cable runs outside specification. Ensure compliance and identify cable runs outside specification. The Tone Generator traces and identifies cables. Four tone cadences available. (Requires analog tone probe - VDV526-054 or VDV500-060 -- both sold separately.). Measure cable remaining in box or on a reel. Simplify cable estimating and bill jobs more accurately. Adapter cord set includes BNC to F-connector adapter, F-connector adapter, insulated push-on F-connector to alligator clips, insulated BNC connector to alligator clips and insulated push-on F-Connector to RJ45 modular plug. Includes custom designed polyester carrying case. For more than 160 years, Klein Tools has manufactured premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools that deliver the performance, durability and precision needed to get the job done right. Our family of engineers, workers and craftsman continue to put six generations of expertise into every tool we create by using only the highest quality materials, superior workmanship, and keeping manufacturing as close to home as we can. Klein isn't just the name of our company, it's also our family name. And since we're an American company that's family-owned and family-run, you know you can count on us to be here tomorrow. Klein Tools doesn't just make great products, we make great products that stand up to the demands of the professionals who use them every day ... Since 1857.
- Test and measure cable length with the latest technology
- Time Domain Reflectometry Spread Spectrum (TDR-SS) technology provides superior accuracy up to /- (1 3-feet /0.91 m) by eliminating interference when measuring cable
- TDR-SS technology broadens TDR environments by operating in Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) rated environments as defined by IEC. (SELV is 60 volts DC or Peak AC -- 45 volts RMS)
- Measure cable length up to 3,000-feet (914 m) including voice, data, video, doorbell, siamese, lamp-wire and NM cables
- Determine if cable run is broken or damaged